Submitting your site to directories with the objective of getting listed in them has two benefits. First, if the directories are good, you can attract targeted traffic to your site. Though the traffic volume is less, the relevance and conversion is likely to be high. Second, each listing is a backlink which is important from Search Engine optimization point of view. The more links your site has, the better your chances are for ranking better.
However, this way of building links has been exploited by many and is not as effective as it used to be before. You need to follow a number of guidelines when submitting your site to directories. Here are some tips and recommendations from us –
1. Make sure the directories are indexed and cached by major search engines like Google, Bing etc. If the directory itself is not indexed, there is no point in getting listed in it.
2. Don’t submit to large network of directories hosted on one or few ip addresses.
3. Vary your anchor text by writing as many titles and description as possible.
4. Target various terms – main keywords, your brand name, exact match domain name, synonyms of main keywords, related keywords, long tail keywords etc in the titles and descriptions.
5. Never use automated submission tools which makes 1000 submissions in one minute. Submit to each directory manually or use the services of a manual directory submission service provider.
6. Submit to directories over a long period of time by spreading it across several months.
7. Make sure the directory is actively managed. Check the quality of other sites listed in it.
8. Submit to various types of directories – general, niche, regional, country specific, industry specific, premium directories etc.
9. Some directories allow linking to home page as well as inner page, make use of that.
10. Last, don’t depend entirely on directory submissions. Use other link building tactics like guest blogging, infographics, social bookmarking etc. along with directory submission.
More details Please Contact us